Saturday, May 18, 2013

Fish Story

Ocean fishing is a lot of fun. If you get sea sick, this is probably not for you. I only get queezy on large boats, but the small ones I'm fine... go figure.

We took a boat off the coast of Maui and set out on a hunt for fish. We trolled for a couple of hours in search of "the big one." When that didn't work, we did some bottom fishing, and managed to catch a few.





 Dee as we were setting out to our bottom fishing spot.
















Us enjoying the boat ride.













After catching my second fish. Sorry you cant see it. The deck hand was so quick to get it off the hook and onto some ice. I caught two good sized blue striped snapper. I also caught another fish that they quickly threw back. I was a pretty coral red color, but apparently it isn't good eating.













Dee catching the largest fish of the whole boat. I think they said it was a grey snapper. It had some pretty sharp bitey teeth. It was a much harder fight to reel this one in than the other 2-3 pound fish.

















My bag of fish that I was able to keep.












Our lunch/dinner that afternoon with the fish we caught out of the ocean just an hour before. You can't get fresher than that!



No comments:

Post a Comment